Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chicago!





Sorry to our avid followers (sister K)...we didn't have wifi last night. Yesterday started off with a tour of the Lake View Cemetery in Cleveland. I know, a cemetery?? It had rave reviews, so I dragged Ryan there with me. I do say it had gorgeous grounds. The self-guided tour with a cd was a challenge to follow though. We did get to see President Garfield's Memorial (amazing!) and John D. Rockefeller's memorial. We left Cleveland and made our way to Chicago!! We arrived in the midst of a downpour. We are staying with Ryan's sister's friend Corey. Dinner was at a fun pizza joint where we watched the Lakers beat the Celtics!!
This morning we enjoyed breakfast at a cute place called Milk & Honey. We introduced ourselves to the "El" public transit and got into the world of downtown Chicago. The Architectural Boat tour was took down the Chicago River was incredible! What an amazing city! Let's just say, it's a little different feel than Cleveland. Dinner was very relaxing at a cafe right next to the river in perfect sunny weather with a nice breeze. Now we find ourselves at a cute coffee shop, and will head to St. Louis tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. Hey guys~

    I have been reading your blog faithful and living vicariously through your eyes. I am LOVING it!! Do you think you could take the next year and just travel around, writing in your blog and keeping us all happy with your reads?

    Love you guys~
    Aunt B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun day; wish we could be along for the trip.

    ReplyDelete